It should take around 4-6 Hours for an Average Detail. How long is a piece of string? All jokes aside I can see why you’d be asking this question. The answer? It varies depending upon the level of detailing you’re going into. Is the service you’re using just washing the car? Or does it involve three-stage polishing with ceramic coating being applied on all surfaces which requires 72 hours to cure?
Generally speaking, an average detail will take around 4-6 hours. This ‘average’ I define includes the following:
- External washing, using snow foam and 2 bucket method.
- Hoover/Vacuum of Internal Seats and Mats.
- Cleaning of the dashboard, steering wheel and centre console area.
- Application of protectant on fabric/leather.
- Application of a spray silicone wax/wax by hand.
So, ball park figures are as follows:
- Quick ‘Detail’: 1-4 Hours
- Average ‘Detail’: 4-6 Hours
- Full ‘Detail’: 6-12 Hours